Manufacturer’s We Partner With At Bayside Pavers
Bayside Pavers has been offering high-quality, custom paving solutions to San Francisco Bay area homeowners and business owners since 2009. Providing quality craftsmanship to our clients has built our business reputation and helped us develop relationships with some of the top manufacturers of quality hardscapes in the industry. Our relationships with the top manufacturers in the industry have enabled us to offer our customers the best products.
With our connections to the local paver manufacturers, we are able to source locally which cuts down the project time. Instead of waiting on a shipment of pavers, we have direct access to them from several local suppliers. This allows us to quickly and efficiently provide our services without making our clients wait on their products.
We have created a Manufacturer Spotlight to highlight and recognize our local paver suppliers. After all, our reputation is built on the quality of our products. Without them, we would not be able to provide the top-notch service and craftsmanship we currently provide our clients.
Basalite has been in business since 1936 and originally started as part of the Basalt Rock Block Plant in Napa, California. In 1979 they were bought by Pacific Coast Building Products which made them the largest supplier of concrete masonry products in the western United States. To this day, Basalite provides high-quality products such as:
- Structural Blocks
- Retaining Walls
- Interlocking Concrete Pavers
- Ornamental & Garden Products
- Full Range of Packaged Concrete and Mortar Products
Basalite interlocking concrete pavers come in a wide variety of colors, styles, and textures. A variety of modern concrete pavers are available from Basalite, including pavers designed for patios, pools, and walkways. Basalite’s manufacturing process uses the latest technology to create a durable, stain-resistant product that features realistic chiseled stone textures of the Sierra Collection and sleek, modern Plank Pavers.
In 1867, John Augustus McNear settled in Fortin, California. McNear Brick and Block was founded when John and his wife purchased the original San Pedro Point (later renamed McNear Point). Nearby the McNear Company, there was a deposit of clay situated on the neighboring mountain, and this material was used to create strong, durable, beautifully colored bricks. In its earlier years, the Mcnear Brick and Block Company used two kilns that would produce up to 20 million bricks a year. In 1999, 50 staff members produced 15 million bricks annually.
McNear interlocking pavers include three primary characteristics: texture, color, and shape. Different color schemes and shapes can be used to create a variety of aesthetically pleasing patterns and designs thanks to the modular size shared by the various families. The pavers are all based on historic stone pavers and can be used for ADA surfaces. Also available from McNear are circle kits, bullnoses for stair treads, one-inch thick veneers, and pool coping stones. Each paver’s thickness is 60mm, an industry standard. Special order pavers are available in an 80mm thickness. They also offer 20 different color options for their concrete pavers. Natural-looking cobblestone, brick products, and retaining walls are other products that McNear provides as well. McNear’s bricks were used in the construction of many prominent buildings throughout Northern California, including the San Rafael City Hall and Library, The Dunfey Hotel in San Mateo, Castlemont High School in Oakland, and many others.
Belgard is one of the newer manufacturers of concrete pavers. In business since 1995, Belgard specializes in manufacturing concrete pavers and garden hardscaping products. They are technically a branch company of Oldcastle Manufacturing Facilities, and they offer up to 15 different types of concrete paver designs. Each design is available in a variety of colors, sizes, and shapes.
Along with concrete pavers, Belgard also produces permeable pavers which are significantly more environmentally friendly than concrete or asphalt. They also provide porcelain pavers along with a variety of other hardscaping products for outdoor kitchens, fire pits, pools, and much more.
Another well-known paver manufacturer in Northern California is Pavestone. As many as 37 different paver designs are available for any project. In terms of color, they offer through mix and face mix. “Throughmix” pavers contain color throughout the product. The pigment is only present in the top layer of a face mix paver, which is 7 to 10 millimeters thick. This is a great option for projects with a smaller budget. Even with a small budget, Pavestone concrete pavers provide a “big-budget” look.
Pavestone also manufactures other products such as:
- Hardscaping materials
- Retaining walls
- Patio stones
- Firepit kits
- Outdoor living space kits
In business since 1948, Calstone has four locations spread throughout Northern California. They are one of the largest manufacturers of concrete pavers in California, and they offer hundreds of products at the most competitive prices. With 14 different concrete paver designs that come in various shapes, colors, and sizes to choose from, Calstone has something for almost every project. These high-quality products are perfect for commercial or residential hardscaping projects.
Calstone is a world-class business with a line of high-quality products that range in style from Modern to Old World. Using the most technologically advanced equipment, Calstone is able to use the finest raw materials to produce premium-grade pavers for their clients. Premium pavers are a very popular product through Calstone, but they also provide products such as retaining walls and landscaping structures.
5 Reasons Why You Should Hire A Professional Concrete Paver Contractor
- Planning & Design – Our staff at Bayside Pavers have been installing hardscaping for over 12 years. We have all the background knowledge and equipment to accurately and efficiently plan and design a driveway or walkway. Part of the planning process is ordering all the materials necessary for installation, and many people who choose to DIY their concrete paver installation do not know what all is necessary for a proper installation.
- Keeping A Project On Track – It’s hard for homeowners to DIY their concrete paver installation due to time. This project is best done all at once and not over several weeks of after-work installations. A professional concrete paver contractor, like Bayside Pavers, will keep a project on track and on time so that the homeowners do not have to wait to use their newest hardscaping. They fully understand the importance of finishing a project on time, therefore they are experts at accurately projecting an estimated time of completion.
- Proper Preparation – After spending hard-earned money on products and materials for the project, it would be a shame to not properly prepare the area so that the pavers have the best chance of lasting a lifetime. A concrete paver driveway is only as strong as its foundation, therefore it is essential to properly prepare the foundation for the hardscaping.
- Fast Turn-Around – Bayside Pavers and their employees are experts at handling projects promptly, efficiently, and professionally. This ensures that homeowners are not waiting any longer than necessary to enjoy their new patio, driveway, or another hardscape area. They have the experience and expertise backed by a team of trained installers working on getting your project completed quickly and professionally on time and within budget.
- Quality Materials Deserve Quality Craftsmanship – Those inexpensive pavers you can buy at many home improvement stores seem like a good deal. However, these materials are not of the same quality as those used by a professional hardscape contractor. A professional paving contractor knows where to find the highest-quality materials at affordable prices. Through years of business, they have built up their processes, sources, and relationships that allow them to assess any surface, create a plan, and provide you with the perfect materials and finished product.