WINTER CAN BE THE BEST TIME TO INSTALL YOUR PATIO PAVERS!
Here at Bayside Pavers, we work with many homeowners to help them plan and schedule their hardscaping projects. We’re often asked when it comes to installing projects using patio pavers if there’s a particular time of year that the work should be scheduled.
Many of our clients think that spring or summer are the best times t schedule their project. But the fact is, thanks to the mild winters we experience here in the California Bay area, we can often install hardscape projects year round. In fact, fall or winter are the perfect times to schedule your project.
The common misconception that warmer weather is needed to allow time for the mortar to cure is no longer the case at all. Thanks to modern manufacturing methods, interlocking concrete pavers require no mortar and as a result, can be installed year-round in the Bay area. As long as the ground is not frozen, we can prepare your site and install your hardscaping!
In fact, scheduling your project for the late fall or winter can offer some advantages to homeowners.
THE BENEFITS OF INSTALLING PATIO PAVERS IN WINTER IN THE BAY AREA
Because of this common misconception, winter is actually the slow season in the paver industry. As a result, you can often find great deals because companies want to keep their crews busy all year long. Great deals are only one benefit of scheduling your project during the offseason. Some other benefits include:
• Convenience – No matter when you install it, hardscaping is a messy process. You’ll need to have the site excavated and prepared and you’re less likely to use your outdoor space in the cooler months. The spring also brings the rain and that can make installation muddier and even messier. By scheduling in the cool winter months, by the time the first warm days of spring arrive, you’ll be ready to enjoy your new outdoor living space.
• Safety – Because your plantings are dormant in the winter, you’ll have less chance of damaging any plantings in the area of construction.
• Scheduling – Professionals get busy during the summer. By scheduling in the off-season, you’ll be more likely to have your project completed quickly. This can even offer you a cost saving as installation is often the most costly part of the process, and you’ll benefit from better customer service as contractors aren’t overwhelmed with other customers.
• Enjoyment – By having your project completed before the spring planting season, you can take the time to improve and enhance your landscaping without the risk of damage during construction. If your landscaping project includes a fire pit or outdoor fireplace, you can be enjoying it during the cool crisp evenings of spring!
Here in the Bay area, we’re blessed with relatively mild temperatures year round making winter installation of your hardscape project possible. In fact, winter can be the best time to complete your project! While we occasionally have cold snaps or rain, the ground typically doesn’t freeze or shift much so if you’re using interlocking patio pavers year-round installation is easy. If your hardscape project involves using concrete or mortar, you may need to prepare for cold snaps or rain in order to allow the time necessary for proper curing, but often it may only mean a couple of days of delay. The bottom line is that winter can be the perfect time to schedule and complete your hardscape project!
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ON CONCRETE PAVER INSTALLATION
- Hardscape Mistakes To Avoid When Landscaping Your Bay Area Home
- Why Hiring a Concrete Paver Installation Professional Makes Sense
- Why Sealing Concrete Pavers in the Bay Area Is Important
If you’re considering a hardscape project give us a call! We’re prepared to design and install your project any time of the year. Let us help you to begin enjoying your outdoor space at the first signs of spring! If you live in the San Francisco Bay area, give out experts a call! Or stop by one of our two locations in Concord at 2455 Bates Ave, Ste K, or visit our location in Santa Rosa at 1619 4th Street Ste 12. We’re always ready to help you create your perfect outdoor oasis, year-round!